I love playlists. If you need a great playlist for busting through writer’s block, Lin Manuel Miranda, composer/creator of Hamilton, just posted a link to his spotify with an amazing playlist. 10/10 Highly recommend.
The playlist that I’ve created here isn’t so much a list of all the songs I listened to while writing Ghosts & Ashes. It’s actually more of a list of songs that fit the mood of the book and I feel related to the story line – especially the relationship of Ren and Asher. If you’ve read the blurb then you know that their relationship experiences a shift and is put under substantial strain due to an imbalance of power. You’ll see that pressure reflected in the songs below.
There are also a few songs which represent Ren’s relationships with other characters. But dDon’t worry. No spoilers here. 😉
Without further intro: Here is the G&A playlist. In no particular order.
- Say Something – Pentatonix – Everywhere I would’ve followed you. Say something I’m giving up on you. Pentatonix is not the original artist for this song but their cover is amazing.
- Don’t Let Me Down – The Chainsmokers – I think I’m losing my mind now. It’s in my head, darling I hope That you’ll be here, when I need you the most So don’t let me, don’t let me, don’t let me down.
- Diary of Jane – Breaking Benjamin – Something’s getting in the way Something’s just about to break I will try to find my place In the diary of Jane As I burn another page
As I look the other way I still try to find my place In the diary of Jane
- Unsteady – X Ambassadors – Hold Hold on Hold on to me ‘Cause I’m a little unsteady A little unsteady
- Bleeding Out – Imagine Dragons – ‘Cause I’m bleeding out Said if the last thing that I do
Is to bring you down I’ll bleed out for you
- Second Chance – Shinedown – I’m not angry, I’m just saying Sometimes goodbye is a second chance
- Over My Head – The Fray – Let’s rearrange I wish you were a stranger I could disengage
Just say that we agree and then never change Soften a bit until we all just get along
- I Will Follow You Into The Dark – Death Cab for Cutie – If there’s no one beside you when your soul embarks Then I’ll follow you into the dark
- The Things We Lost in the Fire – Bastille – I was the match and you we re the rock
Maybe we started this fire We sat apart and watched All we had burned on the pyre
Reminder! There are several days left of the Rafflecopter giveaway . Enter for your chance.
And I’ll take song recommendations. Based on the above – anything I need to be listening to? I’m always on the lookout for new artists and albums. Drop me a line in the comments or on Twitter.
Stay tuned for more content regarding G&A upcoming – such as a fancast of characters, Easter eggs, sci-fi inspirations, world building etc.